Insurance & Technology News
Gartner Announces Winners of 2013's Business Process Management Excellence Awards in EMEA
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Egham, UK - Winners to Present at Round Table Sessions at the Gartner BPM Summit 2013, March 13-14, in London, U.K.
Gartner, Inc. today announced the three winners of the Gartner Business Process Management (BPM) Excellence Awards in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). They are BT Global Services, The LEGO Group and Verti.
"These organizations have demonstrated excellence in leveraging BPM, both as a management and a technology discipline, to realize cost savings, drive continuous growth and achieve customer excellence," said John Dixon, managing vice president at Gartner. "They saw BPM make a significant contribution to driving key business outcomes and boosting business performance."
"In difficult economic times, the ability to respond in an agile manner to uncertain and changing business conditions is a true competitive differentiator. BPM enables organizations to become more agile and proactive, rather than reactive, when change occurs," Mr. Dixon added.
Each company will describe its award-winning BPM expertise in a series of end-user round table discussions at the Gartner Business Process Management Summit 2013, running from March 13 to 14 at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel in London.
The winners will deliver presentations on their regional awards in three categories as follows:
* BT Global Services: Best Business Outcome Driven by BPM. BT Global Services provides managed networked IT services to around 7,000 large corporate and public sector customers globally. The efficiency of its customer-focused IT services processes was crucial to increasing its profitability and delivering an excellent customer experience. It used a process-focused approach to build standardized ITIL processes, reuse capabilities and create a robust system stack (to reduce system and process variations). As a result, it achieved up to 60 percent cost savings in system delivery and 27 million in annual benefit over two years.
* The LEGO Group: Best BPM Organization . The LEGO Group, famous for its Lego bricks, strives to develop children's creativity through play and learning. It recognized that BPM was important to create a platform for knowledge, collaboration and optimization. It also understood the importance of engaging with and educating business users about the use of BPM to overcome natural resistance to change. Its focus on BPM, managed internally by a core BPM team and BPM ambassadors, has improved its organizational agility and flexibility, created coherence across business processes, and established a strong foundation for continuous improvement.
* Verti: Most Effective Use of BPM Technology. Verti, Mapfre's direct insurance company, specializes in car, motorbike and home insurance in Spain. It aims to achieve online insurance sales leadership through innovative and personalized products with competitive pricing. To achieve operational efficiency and cost control, Verti used a suite of BPM technologies. As a result, it achieved a 41 percent cost saving on clerical work and an 18 percent cost saving on exceptions management. In addition, it made a 126 percent ROI just six months into production.
The following organizations received honorable mentions:
* Vastra Gotalandsregionen : Best Business Outcome Driven by BPM
* HanseMerkur Krankenversicherung: Best BPM Organization
* Credit Suisse: Most Effective Use of BPM Technology
The identification of a Gartner Award winner or finalist is not an endorsement by Gartner of any vendor, product or service. More information on the Gartner BPM Excellence Awards 2013 is available at http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/emea/business-process/excellence-awards.jsp .
About the Gartner Business Process Management Summit 2013
BPM can be fraught with challenges, due to the scale and breadth of skills, attributes, and tools needed to be successful. For those new to BPM, the Summit will help delegates take the first steps, establish the skills required, and identify the right technologies. For those who are more experienced, the Summit will provide visibility into the future and help them learn to make their processes smarter with intelligent business operations, and gain insight into the "next generation BPM". The" next generation BPM" aims to transform the way the business operates.
For further information about the Gartner Business Process Management Summit 2013 taking place on March 13-14, in London, please visit europe.gartner.com/bpm . You can also follow the event on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Gartner_inc using #GartnerBPM .
Rob van der Meulen
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is the valuable partner to clients in 12,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, Gartner works with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 5,000 associates, including 1,280 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries. For more information, www.gartner.com .
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Insurance Technology's Homepage ]
UPDATED 3:07 PM EST - Mar 11, 2014
Subscribe to eNews
Insurance Technology eNews delivers the latest news impacting technology in the insurance industry each week. Sign up to receive FREE breaking news today!
Insurance Technology RSS