Insurance & Technology News
Aggregation Metrics: Consumer Approaches to Insurance Comparison Sites in the UK
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cb5gdk/aggregation) has announced the addition of the "Aggregation Metrics: Consumer Approaches to Insurance Comparison Sites in the UK" report to their offering.
Based on a survey of over 1,000 consumers, Aggregation Metrics: Consumer Approaches to Online Insurance Comparison Sites in the UK offers new insights into the current development and future prospects of insurance aggregators in the UK.
It examines the degree to which UK consumers research and purchase any kind of insurance online plus the size of the available market for the key products of motor and household insurance, as defined by new customers and switchers; it then analyses the distribution channels and interfaces used for acquiring these policies in the UK, highlighting both the share of aggregators and the share of online sales in general, including indicators for the speed at which these are growing.
Moreover, it investigates the extent to which online insurance buyers in the UK are using tablet computers or mobile phones for this purpose, as opposed to regular laptop or desktop computers, and establishes whether propensity to use aggregators is influenced by age and / or annual household income. In addition, it benchmarks the performance of eight of the leading insurance comparison sites in the UK in terms of awareness levels, conversion rates and sales.
For many analyses, the latest data for 2012 is compared with that from a previous survey undertaken on the same subject in 2008 to show how the environment for insurance aggregators has evolved over time.
- unique data showing whether UK consumers use one, two, three or up to seven or more websites when researching insurance products;
- standardised figures illustrating distribution channels employed for acquiring motor and household insurance, differentiating between 'available' customers buying for the first time or switching provider and customers simply renewing a policy bought in a previous year;
- similar statistics showing the distribution interfaces used for the same two policy types in the UK with a split between sales in a face-to-face setting, online sales, telephone sales (both inbound and outbound) and postal sales;
- performance benchmarking for eight of the leading aggregators (namely, BeatThatQuote.com, comparethemarket.com, Confused.com, gocompare.com, MoneySavingExpert.com, Moneysupermarket.com, Tesco Compare and uSwitch) in order to indicate rates of recognition, usage to research insurance and usage to actually buy insurance;
- survey results that outline planned usage of online insurance comparison sites in the UK and how future utilisation is likely to vary between previous users of aggregators and non-users.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cb5gdk/aggregation
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Internet and E-Commerce (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=7&campaign_id=cb5gdk), Insurance (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=53&campaign_id=cb5gdk)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Insurance Technology's Homepage ]
UPDATED 5:53 PM EST - May 23, 2013
Subscribe to eNews
Insurance Technology eNews delivers the latest news impacting technology in the insurance industry each week. Sign up to receive FREE breaking news today!
Insurance Technology RSS